- This event has passed.
February 9 @ 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Elaine, one of our fellow members, will introduce us to Mardi Gras after which each of us will create and decorate our own mask.
Mardi Gras (in French) or Fat/Shrove Tuesday (in English) celebrates the last day before the 40 days of Lent begins on Ash Wednesday, leading up to Easter.
Lent is a period of sacrifice and fasting, so people would use up rich, fatty foods like milk, eggs, and butter by by making cakes, pastries and other goodies.
In New Orleans and other cities around the world, Mardi Gras and Carnival is celebrated with extravagant parades and masked balls.
* The masks and all decorating materials will be provided to each attendee with a bonus gift of a Mardi Gras bead necklace.
* Please bring a little something to share, we will enjoy it with drinks and munch while we craft.
* This activity is open to all INC Area members. Your partner is welcome.
* Seats are limited, please RSVP to Elaine Samson at email@example.com to save your place no later than 7th February.
* Cancellations: Please let us know 3 days before to allow possible waiting list members to attend.
10 Euros to cover the cost of materials
Location:At Elaine’s residence near Metro Avenida de America (L4). Details will be shared with participants.